We are committed to treating your personal information with care
This refers to information such as your name, contact details, and other details that you supply us or is supplied to us, (“your information”). Your information is collected when you request information from us, contact us (and vice versa) order a CD from us, subscribe to our Software or enter any pf our competitions.
We will update your information whenever we get the opportunity to keep it current, accurate and complete.
(1) For the purpose of providing you with our services, we may disclose your information to our service providers (who could be located outside the UK/EEA). With regard to our holiday competition, and in order for you to travel overseas, it may be mandatory (as requested government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose your information for immigration, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate.
(2) We may disclose your information to our “group companies” for business purposes. We may also disclose your information to companies who act as “data processors” on our behalf, or to our service providers operating systems or business functions on our behalf, some of whom are outside the UK/EEA. These purposes include administration, providing services (and contacting you where necessary), customer care, improving our service, business management and operation, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business (or our group companies), risk assessment, security and crime prevention/detection, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, measuring and assessing customer purchasing preferences and trends, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection.
(3) Some of your information may be considered “sensitive personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data from you on the condition that we have your positive consent. By entering into our Holiday competition or subscribing to our Software (including the simply purchasing our CD) you also agree for your insurers, their agents and medical staff to disclose relevant information (which may contain sensitive personal data) to us in circumstances where we need to act in the interest of everyone in the group you are travelling with. For example, if your illness at resort is infectious we may need to make special arrangements for you and also ensure that you do not return with the group immediately.
If you do not agree to Our Use of Your Information above, we cannot do business with you or accept your entry.
(1) We may from time to time contact you with information on offers of goods and services, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions. Please note that our website will assume you to agree to e-communications when you subscribe to our service, enter a competition or purchase a CD from us. You will be given the opportunity on every e-communication we send you to indicate that you no longer wish to receive our direct marketing material.
(2) You may indicate your preference regarding receiving third party direct marketing material.
(3) If you do not wish to receive such information or would like to change your preference, please refer to point (2) of “Your Rights” below.
(1) You have the right to ask in writing by completing our Data Subject Access Request form for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a fee) and to correct any inaccuracies in your information.
(2) You have the right to ask in writing not to receive direct marketing material about our products and services. Once properly notified by you, we will take steps to stop using your information in this way.
(3) If you would like a list of our group companies or brands, please send us your request.
Our registered address is at movingweather Group, PO Box 70-4 Haywards Heath RH16 9EF.
Outside the European Economic Area (EEA), note that controls on data protection in such countries may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country.
Our website(s) may contain links to other sites not controlled by us. We are not responsible for the actions, content or the privacy policies of those websites. It is your responsibility to check the status of these sites.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, to help improve our service and in the interest of security, we may monitor and/or record: (1) your telephone calls; and (2) customer transactions and activities on our website. All recordings are and shall remain our sole property.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have in place appropriate security measures to protect your information.
Any changes to this Policy will be either posted on our website, brochure and/or made available on request.
I have used movingweather for a number of years and have found it very good, easy to use and displays all you need to assist in plotting your voyage. It has a good display and symbols, which make it easy to follow the weather in your area. I would recommend to all sailors.
Andy MacSharryOwner of "Andreas Ahon"
I find the movingweather system very user friendly and a great asset in my passage planning. Many thanks for a very useful window on the weather.
Paula Taylor of "Endless Summer"Owner of "Endless Summer"
We have used movingweather for a number of years now and wouldn't dream of planning a trip without consulting it, nor would we leave port without it installed on our trusty laptop. We have found it to be the most reliable forecast available. On the odd occasion that I have needed help with an update or query, it has been available without delay, most impressive!
Marshall McCleeryOwner of "Westlin"
I found movingweather to work very satisfactorily even using a slow Iridium link. I sailed from Antigua to Grenada and the forecasting was spot on!
Robert HolbrookMD of "Admiral Marine Insurance"