- Does movingweather Work with Microsoft Vista?
- Where does movingweather get its weather data from?
- What time zones are covered by movingweather?
- Can I install movingweather on more than one PC/Laptop?
- How can I connect to movingweather?
- How do I connect to movingweather using my own mobile phone?
- How do I know if you have extended my subscription as a result of the recommend a friend scheme?
- What is the minimum spec requirement for movingweather?
- Can I run movingweather on a Mac?
- Why does movingweather experience out of date weather data on occasions?
- Why does movingweather tell me it cannot connect to the movingweather server?
- Why do I get the Error Code 2869?
- Why does my Account Number not show in the Forecast Box?
- I am having problems installing movingweather, it cannot find a file, what do I do?
- Why are my Updates failing to install?
- Why do I get the error message "movingweather.exe has stopped working" when I try to open the software?
- Why does movingweather only run as admininstrator?
- How do I set up a fixed location?
- Which direction do the wind arrows show the wind?
- Why do I get the error message "sorry we could not connect to the movingweather server to verify your account" when I try to log into the software?
- Why do I get the error message "Ordinal 120 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll" and how do I resolve it?
- I get the error message "Internal error while processing request. Invalid URL. The hostname could not be parsed" when trying to connect to movingweather3? How do I resolve this?
Does movingweather work with Microsoft Vista?
Yes, however you have to change some settings within your computer. Please download the Vista Installation Guide for instructions. It is important however that you do an Advanced Search and tick the box to search hidden and non-indexed files as we have found that Vista tends to hide some .exe files.
Alternatively we are happy to do the set up for you as a remote user, via a program called Teamviewer which can be downloaded from
http://www.teamviewer.com/download/index.aspx, making sure you download the windows version, not the Mac, and as a home user, not business or both. Then double click on the downloaded file and run it to install the program, as. Once the installation has been completed you will then find a Teamviewer icon on your desktop. Click on this and it will open up and issue you with a password and ID which you then need to email me, keeping your machine on and logged in. We can then have a look.
Where does movingweather get its weather data from?
NOAA, the American equivalent to the Met Office and uses 1 degree data.
What time zones are covered by movingweather?
Movingweather is automatically set for GMT, however you can change the time zone via Tools > Timezone. Please remember you must change the time zone before you run your forecast. movingweather will also remember the last time zone you set for when you next log in to movingweather.
Can I install movingweather on more than one PC/Laptop?
You can install movingweather onto 2 machines concurrently. The first 2 machines you install and run movingweather on will be automatically registered.
If you would like to deactivate a PC please go to your movingweather log in window and select cancel computer registration and follow the menus. Please note however that you will not be able to re-register a de-registered machine without contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and only then will it be done at Movingweather Ltd’s discretion.
How can I connect to movingweather?
If you’re at home you can use your existing Internet connection and movingweather will automatically download the latest weather file for the area you have selected, after pressing the “forecast” button.
If you’re in a marina, it is likely that you can connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi link. If your computer is Wi-Fi enabled, you will need to set it up according to the Wi-Fi provider’s instructions.
How do I connect to movingweather using my own mobile phone?
If you need to download movingweather on the move, this is the simplest way. Your internet service provider or mobile phone service provider should be able to enable internet access via your mobile phone, (data service) once this is done you can use your mobile phone as a modem to connect your pc to the Internet. Hint: If you can browse the internet using the browser on your web pc (try Google or Yahoo etc) then you will also be able to download forecasts from the movingweather software. If you have difficulty connecting to the Internet you should contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or mobile phone service provider for assistance.
Or you can make a connection to movingweather from your mobile phone using Bluetooth (if your phone is compatible, i.e. Nokia 6310i) with this method your PC also needs to be Bluetooth compatible. If it is not you can purchase a Bluetooth card (PCMCIA card), or a USB Bluetooth device.
How do I know if you have extended my subscription as a result of the recommend a friend scheme?
Once your friend has signed up to movingweather using the unique promotional code you gave to them, you and your friend will receive an email confirming your extended subscriptions. You may wish to keep a copy of this email in case of query.
What is the minimum spec requirement for movingweather?
The movingweather software works best on PC's with Windows 2000, XP or vista operating systems, a minimum a 1 GHz processor, 256mb Ram (512mb is much faster) (the more ram the smoother the animations and processing of downloads) 1gb space on hard drive, cd rom drive, Internet connection, IE Explorer 6.0 or above browser, 1024 by 768 pixel display. Hint: To check some of the specification of you pc click Start > Settings > Control Panel > double click the icon 'System' a window will open displaying these details"
Can I run movingweather on a Mac?
movingweather is a Windows based software program, but we have been advised by some customers that it is possible to run movingweather on a Mac in a PC emulation mode. Your Mac will require a G4 processor or higher, operating system 10.3 or higher. For more details visit the Microsoft website
Note: This information was provided by movingweather customers, Movingweather Ltd does not guarantee that the emulation program will work for Mac users.
Why does movingweather experience out of date weather data on occasions?
movingweather obtains its data from NOAA, the American equivalent to the Met Office. Occasionally NOAA experiences some delays in disseminating their data and movingweather will warn you when this has happened.
You can find out how old the data is under File > Properties.
Also, when there has been a delay from NOAA, NOAA tends to update the shorter forecasts first, therefore if you get your warning message when doing a forecast for 7 days, try for a lesser period such as 2 days.
Why does movingweather tell me it cannot connect to the movingweather server?
If you are a first time user and you get this message, it may be that movingweather cannot get through your firewall or proxy server and so you will need to change your settings to permit movingweather access.
If you are a regular user and you get this message, there may be a temporary problem with our server and we would ask you to try a little later.
Why do I get the Error Code 2869?
Error 2869 arises because of the user account controls within Vista. Essentially you need to run movingweather set up as administrator, so if you go to where you saved movingweather, right click on the file called setup.exe, it will bring up a menu and give you the choice to run as administrator. Select that option and the installation should then work for you.
Why does my Account Number not show in the Forecast Box?
You are logging in as offline user and so will only be able to get forecasts by email. Go back to the log in screen and enter your account number and password fully, if you want to get a forecast direct.
I am having problems installing movingweather, it cannot find a file, what do I do?
When installing the wizard tells me "Source file not found: c:usersgeofappdatalocaltempTemp1_MWV201.zipMWV201pc.xml. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it".
It appears that you may not have extracted all of the files needed from the Zip folder. Please can you go to the MW201.zip folder you have downloaded and right click on it, and choose >winzip>extract to here - it will then extract all the files. Then open the mw201 folder, and double-click on the setup.exe and follow the instructions.
Why are my Updates failing to install?
Due to the size of update MWV201, please try to install this one first. If this is successful, you can then proceed to install the remaining updates altogether. If however they continue to fail whilst updating from within the movingweather sofware, please close the movingweather software, then go to the start button > All Programs > Movingweather > Auto Update, again install MWV201 on its own first. If you are still experiencing problems, please contact us on email@example.com
Why do I get the error message "movingweather.exe has stopped working" when I try to open the software?
You have Vista on your computer and need to follow the following instructions - Vista Installation Guide. If you have already changed the settings as per the instructions and are still getting this error, you may have more than one movingweather.exe file on your computer, so please repeat the process on all movingweather.exe files that are found by your search.
Why does movingweather only run as admininstrator?
This will occur if, when you installed movingweather, you selected "just me" rather than "everyone to use". Please uninstall movingweather first via the add/remove programs in your control panel and then by going to C>programs and deleting movingweather from in there. You then need to reinstall selecting "everyone to use". There is no need to re-register as your existing account no and password will work. ......
How do I set up a fixed location?
On the top tool bar, please select Map > Edit locations. There are then 2 ways of selecting your location:-
- If you have already selected the area on the map, click on screen, add your Name and apply.
- Adding the Latitude and Longitudes of the place you wish to set up. However because the movingweather forecast works on areas not single latitude and longitude points, you must also select the size of the area in terms of degrees. The area that you input is taken from the longitude and latitude point you input being at the top left hand corner and therefore the area will then extend to the south and east of that point. If you then wish to centralise your point in question on the map., once the map is loaded, click on your point, it will then centralise for you.We would recommend you apply a minimum of 1 degree for both the latitude and longitude size in order to get a feel for what the weather is doing.
Why do I get the error message "sorry we could not connect to the movingweather server to verify your account" when I try to log into the software?
Firstly please check you are actually connected to the internet, by opening up your Internet Explorer and going to www.google.com and do a search for something. If you are connected to the Internet, It may be a problem with movingweather not having permission to pass through your Firewalls or Proxy Server. If this is the case then we are afraid that we cannot offer support as we would not want to change any settings that may effect your computer in general. However you can still use movingweather via the Store & Forward, email forecast facility. Please see the movingweather userguide at page 11 for details on how to do this.
Why do I get the error message "Ordinal 120 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll" and how do I resolve it?
Movingweather does not use the dll iertutil.dll anywhere in our software. It is a windows Operating System file that appears to have been corrupted, that is then effecting movingweather. You therefore need to replace the corrupted file. To do this, you need to find the file in question, as it is a Windows specific dll file, it should be located in the system32 folder, so go to c:WINDOWSsystem32. Once you have found the file, rename it as iertutil2.dll and save it somewhere else you will remember. (this is to keep a copy of it, in case this resolution does not work and your own IT support provider wants to look at the file). You then need to download a replacement file - there are plenty of websites which allow you to download the dll free-of-charge, an example of such a site is linked here:- http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?iertutil and save it in the c:WINDOWSsystem32 file.
Please note however that as this problem is not caused by movingweather, and that this downlaod is a thrid party software, we cannot accept any responsibility for issues incurred from the reinstallation of the MS software.Further if this solution does not resolve you problem, you will have to revert to your own IT support provider for further assistance.
I get the error message "Internal error while processing request. Invalid URL. The hostname could not be parsed" when trying to connect to movingweather3? How do I resolve this?
You need to do one or both of the following:-
1. Either go to your Control Panel > Internet Options , or when in your web browser, select Tools > Internet Options. Then Click on the Advanced Tab and under Browing, ensure that the tick box next to "show friendly HTTP error messages" is unticked.
2. Still in Internet Options > Click on the Connections Tab, select LAN settings and ensure that the tick box for using proxy settings is unticked. Click Apply and OK.
Re-open movingweahter and it should allow you access.